The Starfield PS5 controller, with its cutting-edge technology and sleek design, has been a game-changer for gaming enthusiasts around the world.
However, for some unfortunate users, the Starfield PS5 controller has been proving less than perfect.
With reports of connectivity issues and unresponsive buttons, gamers are left frustrated and perplexed. In this blog post, we delve into the causes behind these problems and explore potential solutions to get your Starfield PS5 controller back in working order.
Why Is My Starfield PS5 Controller Not Working?
If you recently purchased the highly anticipated Starfield PS5 controller and are experiencing issues with its functionality, you’re not alone. While the PS5 controller is renowned for its innovative features and impressive performance, occasional malfunctions can occur.
There could be several reasons why your Starfield PS5 controller isn’t working as expected. Firstly, ensure that the controller is properly connected to your console via the USB cable or wireless Bluetooth connection. If the issue persists, try restarting your console and updating the controller’s firmware to its latest version.
Additionally, make sure that the controller’s battery is charged adequately. If these troubleshooting steps fail to resolve the problem, it may be necessary to contact Sony’s customer support for further assistance or explore potential warranty options.
Remember, technical glitches can happen with any electronic device, and resolving them can often be a straightforward process. Rest assured that with a little patience and guidance, your Starfield PS5 controller will regain its full functionality, allowing you to embark on exciting gaming adventures once again.
Fix Controller/Gamepad Not Working in Starfield?
1.Close the Steam Restart Your PC
- Locate the Steam icon in your system taskbar.
- bottom right corner arrow mark click to select steam.
- Steam right-click and click the exit.
- If you connected your controller via USB, simply unplug the USB cable from your computer.
Using a PS5:
- Press the PlayStation button on the controller
- Open the Control Center.
- Navigate to the “Accessories” section.
- Find your controller and select “Disconnect.”
Using an Xbox :
- Press the Xbox button on the controller to open the guide.
- Navigate to the Profile & System tab.
- Choose Settings > Devices & Connections> Accessories.
- Select your controller, then choose Disconnect.
3.Select Controller on the Steam
- Open in the Steam client,
- Click on Steam in the top-left corner
- Select Settings from the dropdown menu.
- In the Settings window
- find and click on the “Controller” tab on the left-hand side.
- Choose to enable the correct controller
- Controller Configuration: This option allows you to customize the behavior of your controller, including button mapping, sensitivity, and more.
- Detected Controllers: Under this section, Steam will list any controllers it has detected. Make sure your controller is listed here.
4.Starfield Game controller in the steam
- Right-click on “Starfield” in your library and select “Properties.”
- Choose “Controller Configuration.”
- Select the Override for Starfield
- Disable Steam Input
- Use default settings ✅
- Enable Steam Input ✅
5. Restart the computer
- Press the start menu and click here.
- Now the power key icon here.
- After showing the Restart click.
In conclusion, the Starfield PS5 controller’s compatibility issues when it comes to working on PC have left many gamers frustrated. Despite its sleek design and advanced features, it seems that the controller fails to establish a seamless connection with PCs, hindering the gaming experience for dedicated players.
While Sony has made significant strides in expanding its gaming options to include PC users, this particular issue emphasizes the need for further improvements in controller compatibility.
Until a solution is reached, PC gamers looking to enjoy the Starfield experience may have to resort to alternative controller options or explore workarounds to ensure a smooth gaming session.
As the gaming industry continues to evolve and adapt, it is hopeful that these compatibility glitches will be addressed, enabling a more inclusive gaming experience for all players.